Monday, February 13, 2012

Syntax highlighting for your blogs and websites

I created this blog a while ago now but haven't used it until a few days ago when I wanted to share some new information.

One of the big reasons why I didn't start is because I didn't have a way to highlight code, as a stop-gap measure I simply highlighted the code but that is ugly as sin!

 So, what is syntax highlighting? Simply put it is coloring and formatting your code as if it was written in a code editor such as Notepad++.

When you highlight syntax it looks like this:
To get this up and running quickly I simply followed the instructions on the Geek Talkin blog, unfortunately I had to change my template however - quite a disappointment. But in saying that the functionality is more important than the template in this case.

Note: make sure you put the <script> tag in the HTML view, not the compose view.

For more information on Syntax Highlighting check out either the Geek Talkin blog or alexgorbatchev.com

Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment